Monday, February 26, 2007

Rough weekend

This was a nasty weekend. In I mean it in every sense of it. First my husband and I helped my parentes buying a new pc. This was already a nerve wrecking thing. We both usually go in the shop, check what we want, compare a little bit and then buy it. But not my parents... especially my mom, she needs hours til she decided. After that I installed the new pc and this was nerving too. To restore all the settings, to set up the new things, to check if everything works and you know how computers are. They never work just like that. After the successful installation the next part was to explain my parents how to use it (just the same thing as before but they are so strange that they could make already some strange errors).

And the worst part of it was yesterday. My husband went out to work and I had a lazy day. When he came back he then was totally strange. He wanted to discuss about the godmother for our child (note, I am not pregnant neither do we have any child). He said he has someone in his office he would like to have for this. I said then that I do not think this is a good idea especially as I do not even know this person. He did not agree and started fighting about it. I do really still not see what the point is in that. I belive that the godmother (as well the godfather) should be a person we know very well and we both trust this person. A person we know will take the relationship to the kid serious and is willing to spend time with it (not only money as many people do). I really believe in this points and I think they are a must to take in consideration for any decision. Especially as I know myself how it is when you have a godmother and a godfather who have no close relationship with the parents. You only see them once or maybe twice a year ( I even did not see them that often...) and you have no chance to establish a relationship to this person on your own.

I believe that godmothers as well godfathers should have an important role in the kids life and should be seen as a confidant for them. I also talked about this before to other people and they all agreed (and one of them was my husband by that time...). So tell me what is the point in fighting about that? What makes no sense in my explanations? Which part is totally wrong and what is selfish when you want to have a caring person for your kid you KNOW you can trust?

No comments: